Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Spaceship Part Three!

Third post! Here's my update for June 2nd, for the Spaceship environment.

I have fully transitioned into Substance Painter! Which means I'm still on track with my current schedule. Preliminary textures are starting. As you can see, I have also separated UV sets, so its easier to keep track of what I'm painting.



Here is a quick screen grab of the UVs. Screens are on their entirely own set, because I have a cool plan for them! 



As you can see the back window have been recreated, but doesn't show up in the UVs. I realized, instead of modeling it, it would be far easier to recreate the design in substance, and add an alpha in Substance. Especially since no one will ever be able to see the outside of it. Another benefit is the fact that it saves me a ton of tris.



Another minor edition! I closed of the ship, so there is a back wall and a door. Now it is a fully 360 environment, which in theory, when I import it into Unreal Engine, a player would be able to explore it! I will decorate the back, a bit with already created assets. And possibly a monitor to two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL BAKERY

Final Renders of the Bakery. Its been fun.